Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eric 4/22/10


Since I'm kind of caught up on my current shows, tonight I drew something more random. I looked up some of John Galliano's couture and decided to draw from that.

The fashion figure is so unlike the figure I know, I think I instinctively added curve and form to the woman, rather than accurately capture the image in front of me. The angle of the model made drawing the boots... interesting. I mean, there was no heel for a grounding, so it ended up looking like these weirdo bound stumps. But I tried!

It was sort of freeing to just draw something random. Also, I'm sketching FAST! It's like getting down to about 15 to 20 minutes to get these done. I suppose I could go slower, but I'm not stressing out about drawing anymore. I seriously used to STRESS OUT about drawing, and now I don't think anything of it. If I'm comfortable at this speed, then I should continue to roll with it.

So, does anyone read this blog, still? I mean, I started this as a motivational tool to keep me drawing, and I think it's been 85% effective for that. Then it turned into a great feedback tool. Now it seems... solitary? Are you out there, readers?

6 comments:

  1. Is anybody there?
    Does anybody care?
    Does anybody see, what I see?

    One of the most beautiful songs ever.
    And yes, someone is here, someone does care and we don't see what you see, but we're learning.
    <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here, Eric! I love your work. I don't read every day, but when I do, I'm always impressed. Good for you on drawing without fear! No worries! Keep it up! Love, Ta Ta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, I'm here (its Travis W.)...although I may not comment often, I always check your sketch-a-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you discuss whys and wherefores< that you don't just present the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thank you, friends! I'm glad to know that you all enjoy the blog project. Keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look actually!

    ReplyDelete