Friday, April 9, 2010

Eric 4/9/10


I'm not gonna lie, I did not draw this sketch today. I know, SCANDAL! But I did draw it this week. I wanted to make it a week, so sue me.

I consider this a "character" sketch, not a costume rendering. Although Wonka is where I am want him to be in the process, the Oompa Loompas are "under construction." Here are some factors were are considering for the Loompas (some of these tenets came out of the directors' responses to the sketch):

1. Each Oompa needs to have a specific and unique identity. We're even going to name them to the tune of "Oompa Loompa Zooma" and "Oompa Loompa Bloompa." My suggestion of creating a homosexual Oompa called "Oompa Loompa Bruce" didn't make it.
2. They will have a strong sense of make-up.
3. We will be seeking many different heights of Oompas, not going to cast for a universal little person.
4. Their colors will match the intensity of the chocolate factory.
5. They each need a stronger sense of fit, to allow for more complicated movement.

So, tomorrow (probably Sunday) I'll be redoing this one, and we'll see what happens then!

No comments:

Post a Comment