Friday, April 30, 2010

Eric 4/30/10

One full week!  One full week!  Gooooooo me!

I'm really happy with this blog, and let me tell you why.  Getting into the habit of thinking about doing one sketch per day has enabled me to pace myself in prepping for a show deadline.  In this case, I may have put off coloring all of my Wonka sketches until tonight, which would have created an unpleasant and sloppy coloring marathon this weekend.  Instead, I've pushed myself to get one done a day, to take my time, and now I only have two sketches left to color this weekend.  Awesome.

These are the lovely Grandparents, whom I pulled very strongly into the world of candy and chocolate.  They may be poor, but I want them to look warm and friendly.  To me, they're like the bowl of hard candy your great-grandmother always had sitting out on the coffee table.  Here is my color inspiration:

Every time I think I'm getting good with markers, I either screw up something really badly (which I did in the case of Grandma Georgina, but fixed) or figure out a new technique that I needed three sketches ago.  I figure though, that this is a lifelong process and I'll look back at these sketches a year from now and laugh at how much I didn't know.

2 comments: