Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eric 4/27/10

And from work, no less!  This sketch is the immediate Bucket family, Charlie (for most of the play and his transformation at the end), Mother and Father.  I took a picture with my camera, so the contrast is a little bit off.

I was really uninspired on what to do for Mother.  So being at work, I just went down to stock to see what we have and what I could re-purpose.  And voila!  I found all of those pieces in stock, which would give me a general path to follow for the mother.  Charlie and Dad will have their sweaters done custom.  I have intentionally drawn Dad's sweater to be a little bit too big and yet too small.  It's a well-made sweater that he's needed to keep in use for a long time.

The other great thing is that Charlie's apron for the end is the actual fabric that LAYNE found during a trip to Hancock's.  Yes, it is a white cotton with a border print of those amazing dots.  For the hat, we are going to cut smaller dots from the larger ones to create the border on his little Candyman hat.

I'm glad I'm able to slowly get these colored instead of a mad dash to the end.  I'm enjoying taking my time with the marker, doing lots of tests and trying to get as much detail in as I would do with something like acrylic or colored pencil.  It took me a little bit to remember Bill Black's method for coloring faded jeans.  I still don't think I have the finesse with it he does.  I know he uses Periwinkle in there somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't make THAT work.

No comments:

Post a Comment