Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eric 4/8/10


**note: Even though I just bought a large-format scanner, I decided to draw Wonka stuff on HUGE paper, so they can't be completely scanned. Please use your imagination to fill in the stuff the scanner cut off.

This plate shows the Candyman, Phineas Trout (a reporter) and Wonka. One of the main ideas the directors and I want to convey is the Wonka exerts incredible influence behind the scenes. In other words, we choose to believe that it was no accident that these five children were the ones who found the Golden Tickets.

That being said, we want the audience to feel like Wonka has "agents" all over the world, namely the Candyman and Trout. I'm trying to echo Wonka's patterns (and ultimately his colors) in their costumes. Additionally, they both have a Wonka logo on their clothes: one on the Candyman's apron, the other on Trout's lapel.

I used to be so horrified at the idea of drawing multiple figures on one plate, but I'm really starting to get into it. I helps me control proportion, and it forces me to get more done. After all, in three sittings this week, I knocked out sixteen costumes rather than just doing three singular sketches. When I was less confident in my figures, I used to STRESS OUT about making them all "match".

Although I'm teeeeeechnically behind, I'm going to get Wonka knocked out really soon! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment