Monday, January 11, 2010

Eric Sketch #5: Jan 8


Okay, okay... so I in no way did this sketch last Friday, but I wanted to represent for last week. We had tickets to see Jennifer Coolidge on the 8th, and I worked the entire weekend, so I lost the sketch time. I know, I know: the point is to do one a weekday. But, does it count to do five sketches a week? Huh? Can I make that work?

I did this sketch of a sleepy guy, because I am very, very tired. Really, there is not much more motivation than that. I also love the idea of nightshirts and nightcaps. I think they look incredibly comfortable, even though I know of very few people who actually wear them. It's funny how this reads as 'sleepy' and 'bedtime' when it has no real correlation to modern sleepwear for men. Perhaps it's the same effect as when people draw a box with a triangle on top and call it a house. No one's house actually looks like that, but we accept its illustration. However, as abstracted as that house might be from actuality, the sleepwear here at least does have its roots in western fashion history.

Chew on that! I bid you all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment