Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jen Caprio 1/7


Today, I realized, that it's hard to do a sketch a day when you have to work on other things in the day that aren't the drawings you should be doing. Like fabric shopping. Or trim shopping. Or, well, just about anything really. So I didn't get back to my studio until about 4:30 to do a drawing. Hrm...so I worked on one I started yesterday.

I started to think on how I draw, and why sometimes it takes me a long time to sketch...and I think I realized that I layer things in, like with watercolor...which is a little weird because I struggle so much with watercolor painting but I find that I get into a zen place with a drawing.

I also began to think, what makes "THIS" Mimi and not just anyone...How is THIS La Boheme and not just some period gown and a shawl...I'm not sure yet...which makes me realize I've got a lot of work to do...

I also like the file name: "mimiiii" for mimi act iii. It made me laugh.

Tomorrow--onto Superman as well, however...up up and away!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post gives me a lot to think about... In a very good way.

    ReplyDelete