Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kyle 1/7/10

This afternoon I went to the University Bookstore in the library to subsidize my lunch (I really needed some Doritos, ok!) and I saw an older lady in the Starbucks. She was one of those women with a faded kind of beauty. I'd put her at about 65 or so. She was standing in front of the counter just staring up at the menu and looked so sad and lost. It was just starting to snow out and, while the rest of her clothes looked expensive and well kept, she was wearing these old snow boots. Just goes to show you, keep your eyes open where ever you go...you may see someone or some thing that may just stick with you forever. I can still see her standing there at the counter just waiting to order her coffee while the snow falls outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment