Friday, January 29, 2010

Kyle 1/29/10

So tonight was kind of a bust. I wasn't going to be able to post anything because I was supposed to be in First Dress for Oedipus Rex here at the CBT, but we're in the middle of "BLIZZARD 2010!!!!" here in Knoxville so, just when everyone had gotten into costume, they had to call the rehearsal...oh well....I got to come home to sketch.

So, uh, spoiler alert, Anne Page gets married at the end of Merry Wives....sorry to give it away, but its a Shakespearean Comedy! There's always a happy ending wedding at the end! I didn't write it so don't blame me!

When we see her first in Act V, scene 5, she is in a "Fairy" costume. It needs to cover whatever her wedding dress is and not be white or green. I found a pattern for a huge swing coat to go over a circle skirt crinoline, paired it with a scarf around the head and a devil mask, so I guess the coat is red...no...pink, because - get this - Anne's wedding dress is PINK! (Blush and Bashful, anyone)

The dress, itself is pink taffeta with a huge crinoline all covered with several layers of tulle! The bodice is the pink taffeta covered by a really thick, rich lace (I'm actually drooling right now!). The veil is based on Jackie Kennedy's veil...lace edged attached to a little taffeta covered bonnet (maybe kinda Mary Tudor style, you know, to keep it real). Little satin pumps, and little gloves with while pearl triple strand bracelets...

Now I'm exhausted...but the snow outside is really pretty...just like my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment