Sunday, March 7, 2010

Eric Presents The Barefoot Blue Fairy Contessa


Helloooooooooooo Blog!

I just couldn't find the energy to draw during the craziness of SETC. My plan was to do three sketches today, but I'm not 100% I'll get there, although I am pretty excited about my next one (Kyle, yours is coming tomorrow).

To continue the series, I combined two of my favorite things: Ina Garten and the Blue Fairy from the Disney Sleeping Beauty. This is actually my second pass, as my first was just too rough. Leaving the drawing alone for four days actually does make a difference, but negatively so.

Somehow, I couldn't leave this one alone: I just kept going over my lines to excess. I always need to remind myself that it's not going to get BETTER if I keep drawing on top of the SAME lines.

During SETC, I gave a power point of my portfolio and included some blog work. The Celebrity Character slides were good for a nice round of laughter. Now that I've been encouraged, I highly doubt I will stop this (save for when I start sketching toward Willy Wonka shortly). Be warned! But please provide a suggestion, if the spirit moves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment