Monday, March 1, 2010

Eric Presents Oprah Granger


Since the *only* suggestion I received was Harry Potter (thank you Erica S.), the first in the series of celebrity characters is Oprah Granger.

After drawing two straight weeks of only faces, coming back to the full figure was really, really difficult. I modeled the drawing after Emma Watson, which gave me this funny child-like proportion with an Oprah head. It's no great work of art, but I think it's funny. I'm really excited to keep this series up.

I don't think I successfully captured the right leg being behind the left. The whole concept of foreshortening is such a fine line: a little too much in the wrong way loses the perspective and makes for a poor drawing. After this unit, I am seriously going to hit feet and shoes hard core.

Still if you have a suggestion for characters onto which I should stick a celebrity head, I'd love to hear it. Also, I'm still interested in posting one of YOUR sketches this week.

1 comment: