Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kyle 3/17/10

Like Cinderella's Stepmother, her Stepsisters have moved into the 19th century silhouette for Act Two. They're in some light cotton day dresses (well, really plain under-dresses with light, sheer-ish lawn embroidered over-dresses.) While they are blind at this point (they had their eyes pecked out by birds...awesome) but they're still dressed beautifully because their mom dresses them. I'm keeping them in the pink and mauve as their predominant colors - same as in Act One - keeps the musical theater comedy going.

There are lots of hair styles and great hats in this period. Its a little early for the REALLY extravagant Biedermeier hairstyles but weirdly beautiful things are already going on, usually with some sort of bonnet, tam, turban or day cap. It may be best for the sisters to have no hat, leaving that to the Stepmother, but just crazy hair. I sketched one with a tam and tassel, but that may not be the best choice to split up the pair.

Like the Stepmother, both sisters have capes and big bonnets for their escape from the palace.

I'm pooped...I hate the time change - it has really messed me up. I'm still not quite used to doing the time change after spending 3 years in Arizona where the time changes aren't observed. I'm adding that to the list of things that I really miss about Tucson...it ranks at about 327...

No comments:

Post a Comment