Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kyle 3/18/10

This blog is so wonderful...

I get to design whatever the heck I want without having to worry about budget or time or the actual building of any of it!

This costume for Cinderella is what she wears at the beginning of Act Two after she has married her Prince and is now a Princess in the Palace. Unlike her Ball Gown, which was very simple and natural, this gown shows the other side of the early 19th century silhouette - that being a simple shape with luxurious fabrics and trims. She's covered in gold and jewels and has a heavy velvet court train lined with ermine. I want to show how uncomfortable she is in this finery.

This is one of those costumes that's literally on stage for about 5 minutes until she changes back into her peasant wear. But, like I said...I got all the budget, time, and labor that I need in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment