Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kyle 3/21/10

I'm very sorry for the lateness, everyone. I got the script for the show that I'm Coordinating/Designing(?) this summer for Great River Shakespeare Festival so I've been working on that. And doing some house work that's been hanging over me for weeks. To make up for my tardiness, I've done two sketches.

In Act II of Into the Woods we are re-introduced to Jack and his Mother, now rich from his thieving from those Giants in the sky.
They both have new clothes, fancier clothes, and look cleaner and happier all around.

They are both still in Polish peasant dress, but of a fancier cut. Jack's got a new shirt with a lace tie, a fancy floral embroidered silk waistcoat, velvet and corduroy striped breeches, a wool cropped jacket with velvet binding, collar, and cuffs. His hair is clean and combed. This costume would have to be doubled to look dirty later in Act II.

Jack's Mother is fancier too. She's in a new linen blouse with eyelet collar, yoke and cuffs, several lace trimmed petticoats, a silk over skirt with pretty lacework apron, an embroidered wool vest. With all that money from the Giants, she also bought some necklaces and a pretty flower trimmed hat. She's movin' on up!

I like these sketches, especially the one of Jack (I like the hen, OK!). There are only about 5 sketches left for Into the Woods (I think I could do 7 or 8 more, but I think I'm ready to move on). I might put up a poll on here and on the Book of Face to choose my next selection. I'm not sure if the show I'm doing for Great River Shakespeare Festival is gonna need sketches. I'm talking to the director this week at some point. I might sketch it anyways...we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment