Monday, March 15, 2010

Kyle 3/15/10

I took a break from getting all my tax documents together to do tonight's sketch...I also had a HUGE margarita earlier so this is gonna be a doozie...

I realized last night that I don't have too many sketches left for Into the Woods. I got a wonderful suggestion from Rachel last week for my next project but I'm still open for other suggestions. Maybe if I get enough I'll turn it into a poll or something. Could be fun.

Anywhoo...In Into the Woods Cinderella's Father is still alive and kickin (not like Disney at all!) which, in my opinion, makes Cinderella's story waaaay sadder. Her Father never lifts a finger to help her but we're never told why. I think that he's a totally unhappy drunk...drowning his sorrows and all that. His wig is a mess and he's got some pattern on pattern action going on - like he got dressed in the dark. I realized as the sketch was being scanned that I drew the totally wrong champagne glass for the period - it should be the short and squat kind rather than the tall flute...

Oh well. Drunks are so sad with their messed up wigs and mismatched clothes...they don't know what they're drinking out of...Keep those project suggestions coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment