Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eric Presents Hamlet, Prince of Pattinson


Tuesdays are long work days. Why today, I did a myriad of activity, including singing songs from Mary Poppins, and cleaning ceiling dust of my bosses. You never know what a day of Children's Theatre will bring.

So my dinner time sketch is that of Robert Pattinson playing the role of Hamlet. I admit, I didn't nail the face: the likeness is thin, at best. But I'm still amused by the idea. I modeled the costume after a great research photo I found of Sarah Bernhardt.

I wish I had spent more time on his face, but practice makes perfect. Since I have faith, I'm still going to ask if you have a suggestion for another character, I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful face. The eyes are especially well done. There are a few small proportion issues. But it is a wonderful sketch. Your faces are getting so great.
    I am going to request that you do Scarlett O'Hara's BBQ dress...Sandra Oh as Scarlett... combine my two obsessions....PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an Into the Woods character request that I haven't done yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... that's tough. Well, I'd like to see your take on the wolf. Plus, I'm always interested to see how designers do the two princes. So many choose for them to be from different periods, which bothers me, but maybe you'll convince me if that's your choice.

    Can you send me a research image for that dress, so I get the right one?

    ReplyDelete