Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kyle 3/5-6/10...sleep was needed.

So you know those days where you get home from a really long, frustrating, stressful days at work and you start to do something, say cook dinner or do your daily sketch, and all you want to do is cry, drink tequila, or fall asleep. Well, that happened last night. I got home and started to sketch (not getting very far) and then put a bagel in the toaster. I sat down...you know, just watching Wheel of Fortune...I woke up 45 minutes later...that bagel was cold. Then I went to bed.

I woke up 12 hours later and felt a lot better about the world...and I found that the sketch was a pretty good start.

Cinderella's Stepmother and Sisters have, by far, the most costumes in Into the Woods. Here we have the Stepmother's second costume, which is for the remainder of the first act. Its a lovely robe à la française, made out of peau de soie satin and lace. The lace is all the decorative rushing and poufs as well as the petticoat flounce. There is also loads of fly fringe along the edges of the rushing and flounces. Color wise, I'm thinking maybe a light violet with accents of yellow.

I'm super excited about some plans that I've made for Cinderella's ball gown and the second act...but you'll have to wait a few days till you find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment