Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eric Presents Queen Elizabeth Bennett


Tonight's sketching was made all the more fun because Kyle is sitting ON THE COUCH NEXT TO ME! It was a lot of fun to see him work. While I am heavy-handed and messy, Kyle is detailed, thoughtful, and methodical. Actually, he's still sketching away in gorgeous detail while my hot mess of a sketch is being posted.

This sketch was for my good friend who requested to see Queen Elizabeth as Elizabeth Bennett. Now I suppose I should confess something: I've never read Pride and Prejudice, nor have I seen a movie of the same name. So basically I just got out the good old Kyoto book and picked an 1803 dress that I thought was pretty.

It wasn't until I scanned it that I realized how huge her head is in relationship to her body. Actually, I pulled the sketch back out, drew out her body and rescanned it. I've noticed that I'm having a hard time controlling proportion when I'm trying so hard to make a face look accurate. Perhaps I'm trying too hard, and I'm losing the forest for the trees.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Kyle and Eric combined sketching, the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment