Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eric Celebrity Face #2


Well, I've just had too much fun with just the one face, especially my conversations with Kyle.

The hardest thing about a face is finding its essence: what makes that face unique. Humans have the strongest ability to recognize people by the tiniest of facial variations, but we can't articulate WHAT that variation is. Drawing makes this identification process even harder. Do you ever proofread your own paper like 5,000 times, but still leave simple typos, even leaving out whole words? Well, drawing is like that, too. I can stare at my own work endlessly, but my mind keeps filling in the gaps for me, making me blind to fairly obvious mistakes.

With all that in mind, I did a male tonight. Layne recognized him after a few seconds, but can YOU!?

5 comments: