Friday, February 19, 2010

Kyle 2/19/10

I love this week so much. We were in tech for Charley's Aunt here at the CBT, but the costumes were wonderful and didn't have may notes. I was able to get a jump on draping Man of La Mancha, a majority of which I got drafted (YAY!) and take some much needed time off! It is really sad when I am excited to get home in time to watch Oprah...and this week I got to do that TWICE!

As I watched Oprah I did today's sketch. I'm glad I got to come home a little early and post because tonight I'll be living it up at the Charley's Aunt opening!! YAY!!!

Jack's Mother is also based on Polish peasant dress. I actually pulled a patten from pattern stock the other day called "Polish Peasant Vest". I also found this great image of a Polish lady in an irregularly striped apron. Mother's apron is like that but instead of being woven as a piece with colored stripes, it is patched together from different patterned fabrics...with fringe, cause I like to keep it real. Her chemise has a solid colored yoke (probably blue) with the body a dirty cream linen. There's also smocking below the yoke - really sad smocking.

I'm trying to do the same thing with her as with Jack - her clothes were once really nice but have been rode hard and worn wet. I'm proud of the pose...I think that it speaks a lot about the character. But just like Jack, this is only her Act One look...stay tuned Duckies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment