Monday, February 8, 2010

Kyle 2/8/10

Hello, all! Its good to be sketching again after a few days off.

I attended the opening of Oedipus the King on Friday night at the Clarence Brown Theatre Company, and it was super good. I'm really glad to have that show off my plate as we go into dress rehearsals for Charley's Aunt this SATURDAY!!! AGGG!! Seriously though, we built quite a bit for Oedipus: two fully tailored melton wool military overcoats; a really beautiful silk crepe de chine gown; some amazingly hand painted over-tunics; some shalwar pants (think MC Hammer)...you know just some stuff. I'm in the middle of 1912 right now, though, and all I can say now is, "DAMN YOU CHIFFON!!!"

Ok, so that's out of my system. I sketched another man today, as you can see. It is Master Ford, the other husband in Merry Wives. He's a very jealous husband, and at one point in the play tears through a huge dirty laundry hamper looking for Falstaff. I'm trying to fight the urge to just have all these guys in suits, but it is so hard! I'm sure that color and texture of the suits will help to characterize them though. I think that I've almost made it thought each character in Merry Wives (only 5 left!!)...any ideas on what my next project should be? I take requests!

And yes...in the sketch he is holding a 1950's Maidenform Bra...

No comments:

Post a Comment