Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kyle 2/25/10

Now this lady is just nasty...

I though that since I sketched Rapunzel last night, I would tackle her "Mother," the Witch, tonight...and really, who doesn't love a good witch? Am I right?

Like Rapunzel, the Witch is more Medieval in costume than the rest of the characters. She's, like, eleventy-billion years old and, boy, is she showin' her age! Seriously though, She's got a really rough, hooded, unfitted sack of a dress, with cracked and nasty leather cuffs, a woven tabbard with magical symbols (you know, like Witches do...) and then two or three crocheted or knitted ponchos and shawls. Her costume is padded out with humps and bumps and thinks.

The hardest thing for the Witch is the make-up. I think that it is OK to get really detailed (This, of course, is my imaginary project, so I have no budget) prostetics and things and a great wig, as long as they can be easily simplified and removed onstage at the end of Act One when (SPOILER ALERT!!) she becomes pretty again. I've seen photos of Productions that use masks for the Witch, but I'm not really a fan of that.

I can't wait to sketch what I have planned for her pretty look...hotness is all I'm gonna say...

No comments:

Post a Comment