Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kyle 2/9/10

Merry Wives is wrapping up...just a few characters left. They're the random characters that everyone kind of forgets about...they are important characters in their own ways, they're just the ones I sometimes forget about. You know, servants, pages, inn hosts, county Justices...the usual suspects.

The Host of the Garter Inn has several funny scenes, mostly dealing with Falstaff and Master Ford. In my 1950's version, the Garter Inn is a bowling alley. The Host (he doesn't have a name...he's like Cher or Madonna...in his own greasy way) runs the bowling alley, tends the bar, fixes the lanes, you know. Finally a guy who doesn't wear a suit! He's totally casual: slacks; plaid button down shirt; tanish wind breaker jacket; half apron...its a sassy look.

By the end of the week I'll be done with this show. I think that my next project will be a musical...a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment