Monday, February 22, 2010

Eric Celebrity Face #6


I ordered a scanner this weekend, and I can't wait for it to come in. I'm really starting to notice how poorly my iPhone is capturing these sketches. It's not just about the contrast, the photo is actually torquing the sketch in a very unflattering way. In other words, it seems to distort my proportions, especially since I'm working in such a large scale.

Anyway...

Tonight's face is continuing to explore facial types that I typically do not draw. What was challenging is the "less is more" approach that seems to be prevalent in the Korean features of this actress. There are fewer folds and creases, and less opportunity to define shape. It is all extremely subtle.

Plus, I just plain got bored trying to get her hair all in, so I just stopped. There, I said it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sandra (tee hee, get it!)...looks really good, Eric! Doing ethnic faces is really hard!. You've now done African American, Asian, and Plastic (Love you Dolly!!!), and you've captured the important aspects of all of them! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this drawing! She looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete