Friday, February 26, 2010

Kyle 2/26/10

Yesterday you saw my mean, ugly, nasty Witch...tonight, my friends, you see my still kinda mean, gorgeous, sexy Witch.

Sorry if it spoils the story for you, but that ugly Witch turns into this Witch. And she does it on stage (Ah, the magic of theatre)! This is all under a hooded cape rigged to look like her first costume with the nasty makeup - yay prosthetic makeup - and rigged with fake hair. That all comes of and we get this!

I wanted to tie together the ugly and beautiful costumes a bit more than I have seen in other productions. The sleeves are a lot like the shawls that were worn in the ugly version, the neck line has the tabard opening with magic symbols. The body has that sort of Medieval cling to it but the shape and hair and makeup is more modern. She's got sparkly legs and sparkle on the arms also...she is magic and all.

I got a little distracted as I drew tonight. I've had Whip It from Netfix for the past two weeks so I decided to watch it, as the Olympics are totally boring now that Figure Skating is over. Roller Derby is, after all, just another form of skating, isn't it! I loved the movie, but it kept me from getting my drawing done quickly! Now all I want to do is go to a Roller Derby Bout...what would your Roller Derby girl name be? Mine Is Dixon Ticonderoga!

2 comments: